We are apart of the world’s largest industry. And it keeps growing. Increasingly customers only want to deal with companies and brands that take responsibility for their own presence and activities. We have to manage diversity and understand and meet the demands and preferences of guests from various cultures.
Our Business contributed to the economic development of local communities around the world. This means all of us and our hotels have an enormous impact on business!
We don’t just aim to do business. We aim to do Responsible Business. At Carlson Hotels, Responsible Business is essentially about three important areas:
Some of our accomplishments are:
- Adopted Liberty Children’s Home and have a matching funds program
- Works with National Institution for Cultural & History to promote our culture, arts & history
- Association with Young Men Christian Association for Summer Swim Program
- Buying bio- degradable plastic bags and disposables utensils made from corn (bio-degrades in 3 months)
- Usage of environmentally friendly cleaners
- Some Managers are members of Kiwanis Club of Belize Central, Rotary Sunrise & Rotary Club of Belize City
- Usage of mini transformer to reduce electricity
- Recording of energy consumption
- Placement of signs in rooms to remind guest to turn off lights and televisions when leaving the room
- Keeping drapes closed to reduce heat gain during the summer
- Closure to a wing or floor, when possible, during low occupancy so it does not have to be lit or cleaned
- Unplugging of refrigerators in rooms when not in use for a period of time
- Document vehicle servicing & maintenance and get any additional repairs to vehicle done immediately
- Use of solar water heater connected to the laundry
- Donate food waste for animal feed
- Donate soaps to schools
- Composting of coffee grounds for hotel garden
- Donate printer ink cartridges to recycle company
- Paper sent to Recycling Company
- Recycling of metal, aluminum scraps, plastic bottles, and cardboard boxes
- Recycle of cooking oil for process of animal feed
- Purchase environmentally friendly disposable containers and flatware whenever possible
- Purchase environmentally friendly cleaners and dilute concentrated solutions.
- Purchase bulk items where possible and purchase locally produced goods whenever possible.
- Reuse or return boxes, crates, bottles and containers to suppliers